I'm about to head out to the Open House at Legoland. I thought before I go I would list my hope for what all Legoland will EVENTUALLY (meaning not phase 1) will have. I know almost all of you will think this is boring but a few of you might like it.
Ok here goes...
Of course we will have the Legoland Park itself. I am glad to see the water ski show is still happening but I would love to see the Starliner kept as well. I can't think of a better place for this jewel of a historical ride than amongst the beautiful setting of Legoland.
They have also confirmed (I believe) a hotel and convention center. I have heard rumors that they are in talks with the plaza across the street and have all but bought the plaza (all but the Publix grocery store which is debating if they should move to a new plaza being built nearby). I would expect to see the convention center going in here. Let's not make this just another big box convention center (like the ugly leech of one that's attached to the Contemporary Resort at WDW). Use the roof of it as nice shopping and dinning area (ie a mini Downtown Disney). Winter Haven really needs something like this and this is the perfect location.
I would then like to see the water park made into a Lego themed one, just like the Legoland California one. This would then create a second ticket attraction.
A third minor ticketed attraction could be the gardens themselves. I would prefer to see something attached to the gardens, say a few animal attractions. I loved the butterfly exhibit Cypress Gardens used to have. Attached to the gardens would be a perfect place for something of this nature. Some butterflies, some alligators, some birds. This would be nothing large but enough to create a good half day of interests. Merlin has already dabbled in this area some with their Earth Explorer attraction.
Next would be some evening attractions. With the flat topography of Polk County a large Ferris wheel would give views few have had the privilege to witness. A London Eye type of Ferris Wheel in the shopping area would help create a visual icon for the whole Legoland Florida resort complex.
To finish out the resort a SeaLife Aquarium would be great. (I expect to see more cross promotional between SeaLife and SeaWorld in the coming years as these companies all find their home with Blackstone). The Florida Aquarium in Tampa is popular but the location causing it to be missed by most tourist. An aqaurium at the Legoland resort would be the perfect location though.
Along with all this I hope to see a light rail system that would connect the resort to the Lakeland High Speed Rail stop and ideally also to the Poinciana stop of the Central Florida SunRail system. This Polk county light rail system would benefit tourist and locals alike. Before this gets built though I would like to a see a bus system from both OIA (with a stop at SeaWorld or Universal) and Tampa.
Well this is my super big ideal blue sky dream for the Legoland Florida resort. In the coming years we will find out how much of it is also what they have in mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment