13 April 2008

New Busch Garden Ideas

So Busch Gardens recently open a new area targeted towards tweens. This much needed improvement has added more water, shade, new animal exhibits and a few new rides.

So were will Busch Gardens go from here? What else will they improve and/or change?

The first and foremost item I think they will change is the old log flume ride. Its the only thing in this whole area that is old and not themed. Busch Gardens is slowly getting more and more highly themed. (Compare the log flume to Rhino Rally and you'll see what I mean.) I expect them to keep the log flume ride but add fake rock, landscaping, and maybe even some animal exhibits to the ride itself. The metal support of the ride takes away from the nice new look of Stanelyville and Jungala.

The train ride will be leaving soon too. I have actually heard some local rumors of this already. Due to the high cost of upkeep and the rising cost of natural gas will be the demise of the this ride. Sure the tracks were recently fixed up but the cost of gas and upkeep is getting high every day.

So with the train gone how will the animals in the plain be seen you ask. Well see thats where a third improvement will take place. I expect to see a new Rhino Rally coming out, this one will drive you around the plain. The plain itself will be improved, all those fences that you can currently see will be taken out and replaced by the fake rocks, bushes, and trenches that are now seen in the Rhino Rally area. The new plain will be more like that of Animal Kingdoms.

See with this elongated Rhino Rally it really doesn't matter when the water part of the ride is broke (which seems to be a daily issue). The new Rhino Rally will have large areas where you can see more animals also.

Along with the new Rhino Rally I expect to see the sky ride path moved and improved. The skyride as it currently is doesn't really look over anything in particular, its a boring ride overlooking the backlot areas that a guest really shouldn't see. The new skyride will go more over towards where the train currently goes. The buckets will be improved with ones that are air conditioned and have glass instead of the current open aired ones. These new ones will hold more people and will be more spread out. They will go through the plain and then to a new station near the log flume.

So with this new skyride the skyride station will have to be redone, the one near Jungala will be completely overhauled. The other one will be retrofitted and better themed.

The only other area I see being fixed up are the gardens. I always wondering why this area exist anymore. I expect to see it improved. Possibly a few new rides, these will be low impact rides with a small footprint. There will be new flower exhibits, a new hospitality house, and more shops. Overall this area will still be the quiet area you see now but with more usefulness.

With these few improvements Busch Gardens will become a highly themed park with unique rides and new animal exhibits.

What do you think?

No comments: