10 August 2008

Retro I-4: Nick Studios

One of my first major theme park memories was touring Nick Studios at the then newly opened Universal Studios, Florida. The tour was pretty cool for someone my age (7 at the time). We looked down at a show being filmed from the elevated glass hallway (I want to say it was Double Dare, if I recall correctly). I also remember, maybe on a later tour, the Snick couch, which I thought was totally awesome. They also had kitchen towards the end of the tour where they would make slime pizza and other crazy things. All together this was by far one of the most entertaining walking tours I have ever seen in a theme park. It had plenty of funny videos, interesting props, and unique stories to keep it fun for the whole family. I am still holding out that one day Nickelodeon will one day have a staple attraction once again in Orlando, where it all started.


No comments: