21 May 2010

I'm BAAACK!

It's been awhile since my last update, ok, let me be real. I actually stop this blog but have since realized that tourism and Orlando are my passion so why in the heck would I not have a blog about it.

Ok let me give updates since my last entry. First off I have now moved from Tampa back to Orlando. I now live near downtown Winter Park and am currently going to UCF for a MA in Sociology. My focus is on urban redevelopment, something I believe will only improve the quality of the discussion of this blog.

Since moving back I have gotten become even more interested in the local hospitality industry. If your in the area we may have met at one of the tweet-ups or one of the numerous local grand openings.

Enough about me, onto the blog. So with as with my changes the blog is also changing. Instead of just focusing on what exist in the area I am hoping to expand it and talk some about my dreams for possible attractions here. Growing up in the shadows of Disney I have long dreamed about possible attractions for Orlando and Central Florida. Why not share some of those dreams?

The blog will stay focused on the I-4 corridor, though I am also including Osceola and Brevard counties in it since they are, for the purposes of hospitality, are part of the same economic region.

Much has changed in the local tourism industry since we left off.  We are less than 2 months from the grand opening of the new Harry Potter land at OIA (I recently shared my views on this new Harry Potter area with the Orlando Sentinel) , Merlin has bought Busch Entertainment and Cypress Gardens turning the latter into the world's largest Legoland, Disney is in the midst of a expansion to Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom, WDW transportation has had numerous accidents and one death, the Peabody on International Drive has been topped off and is finished, Orlando has gone through one of the least profitable years ever causing many smaller attractions to go under, Dubai has slowed down in its usurping of all the worlds treasures, to name a few that come to mind.  I assume that if you read this blog you don't live in a cave and your aware of the economy and its struggles.

But now its 2010 and Central Florida is coming out of its hard times stronger and with more to offer its visitors.  The next five years will be an amazing time to be in Central Florida and I look forward to covering on here.

No comments: