28 March 2008

My Top 5 Favorite Theme Park Shows

Theme parks are not known for their shows, but it seems as though Florida has been blessed by the performance fairy. Every single theme park here has at least 1 major performance and most are excellent shows!

#5 Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue (Universal Studios)

This show is one the best ones if your interested in music. The singers all preform live with their actual voices. The fireworks and the comedy throughout make this one of the most interactive, funniest shows in town!

#4 Believe (SeaWorld)

This is the semi-new shamu show. There aren't many special effects (outside of the video screens) but this show always makes me cry. Its a great story of a boy who dreamed of swimming with the whales. Its has all the splashes and jumps of any killer whale show but this one takes it to the next level with a great story line and videos.

#3 Fantasmic! (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

What makes this show are the special effects! With Mickey as the host you take a journey through tons of Disney's characters. The story line is based around a battle between good and evil (a classic Disney storyline). The show is kinda long but is amazing with use of lasers, fireworks, and water!

#2 Odyssea (SeaWorld)

Odyseea is whimsical French circus style show at SeaWorld. It has a few special effects, what makes this show are the acrobats and sets. My favorite are the jumping penguins. Arrive early because I think the pre-show entertainment is as funny as the show itself!

#1 KaTonga (Busch Gardens)

KaTonga has it all. Amazing special effects, some of the best singers I've ever heard, amazing sets, and a great story line. This show, actually 4 mini stories set into 1 large story, is one of the best theme parks show ever. Its as if your watching an actual Broadway show. The sets are amazing and the actors are great. The storm scene is like nothing I've ever seen, with real water and an amazing thunder and lighting seqeunces its one of kind. The kids always like the butterflies in this show too!

So thats my list of local shows. There are some I would have added but not in the top 5, like Blue Horizons at SeaWorld and Finding Nemo at Animal Kingdom. What do you think? Some people really dislike some of these shows. Which ones do you like/dislike? Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife, myself and my two kids aged 6 and 10 returned from SeaWorld Orlando just yesterday. I must say that the highlight of the trip there was the Shamu show. We were amazed at the "Believe" show and I don't mind telling you that it brought tears to my eyes to see the spectacle. The amazement in my kids eyes and the uplifting feeling you get from seeing two species that are so totally different interact should be seen by all. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to see an event that can change your life. It has changed mine in a profound way. I had actually jumped online today just to see if anyone else had the same feelings I experienced while watching the show. I see many feel the same way about it.
One day we will understand what the Killer Whales are saying and I think they are going to say that they love SeaWorld and their trainers. I only wish that we could learn to interact with other human cultures the way that those trainers interact with those Whales. I "believe" the lesson to be learned from the Shamu show is that no matter how different we may appear to be on the outside, we all want the same thing in life...and that is to be loved and cared for. You can see that the trainers love those whales and that their love is returned in kind. Anyone that is capable should see it. I saw it twice and even ended up buying the 90 minute DVD. I tell you I get the same feelings from just watching the DVD (yep I have already watched it, even after driving 16 hours back from Orlando to Arkansas). I guess I am an old softy at heart, but there is just something about the interaction and the storyline/music that tugs at your heartstrings. The second time I saw it my wife and kids sat in the soak zone while I filmed it all from up top at center stage. As soon as the hand gesture was given to soak my wife and kids seating area I started zooming in to capture the biggest smiles I have ever seen on both my kids AND my wife I might add. They were soaked to the bone, but laughing and having a grand time of it. As previously mentioned, SeaWorld's second day free offer is a great deal, and if you enjoyed the experience as much as we did, I guarantee you the second day offer won't be wasted. You WILL go back again. I encourage everyone to "BELIEVE"! :)