King Kong was one of my favorite rides at Universal Studios Orlando. I can remember the opening weeks of USF. My parents, grandparents and I all went and rode all the rides (all 6 or so of them). Earthquake broke down (as it did many times those opening days) and we all had to walk back to the boarding station. They gave out free passes to all of us on the ride!
The most unique ride at the park was by far King Kong. Hanging from the roof and encountering a multi-story tall audio animatronic gorilla is something I will never forget.
Later on at a Halloween Horror Night event USF used this attraction as a disco. I remeber walking through the tore up street and then around the corner to the giant King Kong hanging from the bridge. It was the craziest nightclub experince ever! A Bubble filled dance floor with a giant gorilla hanging over head!
I miss King Kong! What are your King Kong memories?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment